Ms Contin (Morphine Sulfate)
$280.00 – $840.00
What is Ms Contin (Morphine Sulfate)?
Ms Contin (Morphine Sulfate) belongs to the class of medications called narcotic analgesics (painkillers). These painkillers are also known as opioid analgesics. This medication is used to treat severe chronic pain. It acts on the brain to increase tolerance to pain.
Sustained-release analgesics should only be used if control of chronic pain is needed; they should not be used to treat acute or short-term pain. Your doctor may prescribe an additional pain reliever to help relieve acute pain or paroxysms of pain more quickly.
Ms Contin (Morphine Sulfate) is available under various brand names or in different presentations. A specific brand of this medication may not be available in all forms or approved for all conditions mentioned here. In addition, some forms of this medicine may not be used against all conditions mentioned in this article.
Your doctor may have suggested this medicine for a condition not listed in this drug information article. If you have not discussed this with your doctor, or if you are not sure why you are taking this medicine, check it out. Do not stop taking this medicine without first consulting your doctor.
Do not give this medicine to anyone, even someone who has the same symptoms as yours. This medication may be harmful to people for whom it has not been prescribed.
MS CONTIN is indicated for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate.
Limitations Of Use
- Because of the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse with opioids, even at recommended doses, and because of the greater risks of overdose and death with extended-release opioid formulations , reserve MS CONTIN for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options (e.g., non-opioid analgesics or immediate-release opioids) are ineffective, not tolerated, or would be otherwise inadequate to provide sufficient management of pain.
- MS CONTIN is not indicated as an as-needed (prn) analgesic.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION OF Ms Contin (Morphine Sulfate)
Important Dosage and Administration Instructions
MS CONTIN should be prescribed only by healthcare professionals who are knowledgeable in the use of potent opioids for the management of chronic pain.
MS CONTIN 100 mg and 200 mg capsules, a single dose greater than 60 mg, or a total daily dose greater than 120 mg, are only for use in patients in whom tolerance to an opioid of comparable potency has been established. Patients considered opioid-tolerant are those taking, for one week or longer, at least 60 mg morphine per day, 25 mcg transdermal fentanyl per hour, 30 mg oral oxycodone per day, 8 mg oral hydromorphone daily, 25 mg oral oxymorphone per day, 60 mg oral hydrocodone per day, or an equianalgesic dose of another opioid.
- Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals.
- Initiate the dosing regimen for each patient individually, taking into account the patient’s severity of pain, prior analgesic treatment experience, and risk factors for addiction, abuse, and misuse.
- Monitor patients closely for respiratory depression, especially within the first 24-72 hours of initiating therapy and following dosage increases with MS CONTIN and adjust the dosage accordingly.
Instruct patients to swallow MS CONTIN tablets whole. Crushing, chewing, or dissolving MS CONTIN tablets will result in uncontrolled delivery of morphine and can lead to overdose or death.
MS CONTIN is administered orally once every 8 or 12 hours.
SIDE EFFECTS Of Ms Contin (Morphine Sulfate)
The following serious adverse reactions are described, or described in greater detail, in other sections:
- Addiction, Abuse, and Misuse
- Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression
- Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome
- Interactions with Benzodiazepine or Other CNS Depressants
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Severe Hypotension
- Gastrointestinal Adverse Reactions
Buy MS CONTIN,Order MS CONTIN online,MS CONTIN Price.
Ms Contin ER 15mg (125 tablets), Ms Contin ER 15mg (250 tablets), Ms Contin ER 30mg (100 tablets), Ms Contin ER 30mg (200 tablets), Ms Contin ER 60mg (60 tablets), Ms Contin ER 60mg (150 tablets), Ms Contin ER 100mg (60 tablets), Ms Contin ER 100mg (150 tablets), Ms Contin ER 200mg (60 tablets), Ms Contin ER 200mg (120 tablets)